Network & Operations Manager
Who's a fit:
Are you an incredibly effective generalist who’s organised and excited about the idea of working in a small team helping to execute on our network activities? If you’re a self-starter who’s a stickler for detail and works best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment then we want to hear from you. You must be able to work independently and have incredible communication, prioritisation and organisational skills. As a small yet nimble team, you’ll need to be the sort of person who has a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and is a flexible team player.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Network and Operations to help manage our network calendar, portfolio communication, and other logistics / operations work related to executing on our overall network strategy. It’s a dynamic, hands-on role that includes management of internal and external communication efforts for a variety of audiences.
What will you do?
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to…
● Assist with new founder on-boarding including taking full ownership of specific parts of the overall on-boarding process.
● Develop a strong understanding of which resources, service providers and partners would most add value to our portfolio companies and introduce these resources to the network.
● Maintain and update contact lists in our CRM.
● Build a broad set of relationships, encompassing our portfolio’s management teams, and subject matter experts who could potentially become session leads for workshops and events.
● Track and collate portfolio activities / milestones / press for the monthly newsletter
Events & Marketing:
● Assist with coordination and execution of our robust programme of events including our annual Founders’ summit & retreat, AGM and periodic topical dinners.
● Assist in planning team off-sites & outings.
● Create event pages, draft copy for events, and other materials as needed
● Track and collate RSVP lists
● Create master lists of venues, suppliers and other relevant information for the key ecosystems
● Support larger special content projects as needed
● Help devise creative ways to increase our existing and prospective target audience
● Manage the wider ecosystem event calendar
● Handle facilities-related emergencies (wifi down, lost keys etc)
● Order & stock office supplies, snacks and drinks
● Liaise with cleaners as necessary to keep them up to date with upcoming events etc
● Manage relationships with other office vendors and service providers as needed
Who are we?
We are a product-focused, seed stage venture capital fund based in London, investing in ambitious founders across Europe. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve made it our mission to back purpose-led entrepreneurs obsessed with solving hard problems at scale by creating software products and companies that people love. We are low-volume, high conviction investors, meaning we make ~10 deals per year. This allows us to have deep relationships with our founders and the portfolio companies that they build.
The role would best suit someone who enjoys working in a candid, combative yet collaborative environment. We’re committed to learning and growing as investors, meaning debates and discussions are core to our culture, as is striving to deliver an outstanding user experience to our portfolio companies.
- The interview process will be 5 stages as follows...
- Telephone interview & assessment
- Face to face I
- Face to face II
- Chemistry fit social
We’d love to have this new addition to our team by March / April 2019
● Strong academic record
● Min. of 2-3 years of professional experience in an operations / project management role
● Detail-oriented and organised
● Positive, trustworthy and emotionally intelligent
● An excellent storyteller with strong written and verbal communications skills
Nice to have...
● Tech savvy; familiarity with Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium are advantageous
● A curious and creative thinker who is passionate about our mission
● A process-driven mindset
● Previous, relevant experience in a startup or small VC firm
Perks & Compensation
● Competitive salary commensurate with experience
● Top-tier private healthcare
● Flexible time off policy
● Healthy and delicious office snacks & drinks
● Incredible access to world class founders, investors and industry experts